On Thursday night we ended up in the ER with Jeffrey, he was having a hard time breathing. After our long wait in the ER, chest x-ray, nose swabs, etc. they admitted him into the hospital with pneumonia. I felt so bad for him, he is used to going to bed at 7:30 and sleeping for 10 -11 hours. Every time he would fall asleep the nurse would come in and give him breathing treatments, I just wanted to scream at them, but I know they were just doing their job. So Thursday night Jeffrey and I did not get much sleep. Friday was a long day. Jeffrey just wanted to be rocked and held most of the day. I was thankful Dr. Gilles came in to see him mid-morning and then again Friday afternoon. I was glad we were able to see our primary Dr. They wanted to keep him one more night, but I personally felt he would sleep better in his bed. I was right, he slept 12 hrs. and he is back asleep again. They sent us home with a nebulizer, that we have to do every 6 hrs. I felt so bad during the night last night, when I had to wake him up. He is jumpy enough they way it is, and when you come in his room with a machine that sounds like Scott's air compressor I would scream too! As for now it is just rest, rest, rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment